Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Trip to the Farmer's Market









Man, do I love the farmer's market. My weekdays stay pretty busy so the only real time I can get there is Saturday morning. Please overlook the pic of me in the car driving to the market. I know, I know, not quite the safest thing in the world to do. (taking pics of yourself in the car that is.) But in my defense, I was at a stoplight. Kids, don't try this at home. Anyway, I really like the fact that I know exactly where my food is coming from and when I read the label, I know what each of the words mean. I'm supporting my community and I've met some genuinely nice people. Now let's back up a second. This past summer, I was at the market when I stopped at a booth where I tasted just about he best Italian sausage I've ever had. If you ever want to try a truly good Italian sausage, try Vito's. (http://www.vitositaliansausage.com/) Now, fast forward to last weekend. I see my newfound sausage peddling friend at The Incredible Food Show that was held at Rupp Arena in Lexington last weekend. (check it out at http://www.theincrediblefoodshow.com/. It was a blast. More on that later) I tasted a pasta sauce made with his sausage and it was just as good as I'd remembered. So when I saw it today, I couldn't give him my money fast enough. Pasta night at my house! YAY!!! While I was there, I also bought some of my favorite all natural handmade soaps. I've used Anna's Sweet Essentials soaps for a little while now and I like them for both the body and hair. The Cinnamon Clove is heavenly. (http://www.annas-soaps.com/) After making my rounds, I decided that I'd bought enough for the day and made my way back to the house. (for more cupcakes of course!) All in all, it was another great day at the market. As for the rest of the day, I spent it with the family. I tried to get a jump on my Christmas shopping ( I don't want to be Last Minute Annie this year ) but unfortunately that didn't work out. But the pizza I had for lunch more than made up for it. Can you believe there are already Christmas decorations out at the stores? It's not even Halloween yet! This year sure has flown by. Well guys, that's about all for today. It's way past my bedtime.
Peace and Blessings
Lil Sweet





No comments:

Post a Comment